AustinPeopleWorksAustin, Texas3M ago
Job Type: Full-time (note: this is not a temporary or contract position)
Position Summary: Become part of an outsourced accounting team, where you’ll process payroll for assigned clients. You’ll also act as backup to the firm’s internal Payroll Manager to process payroll and perform HR benefits administration as needed. If you’re a self-starter who enjoys working remotely and independently most of the time yet still want to be part of a high-performing team, this could be the right fit for you!
You’ll really like this company, if…
- You share 3 main core values: Integrity, Competence (learning, innovation, and problem solving), and Customer Service.
- You appreciate a culture of performance feedback and of promoting from within.
- You desire a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
- You like that after 2-3 weeks of training, you’ll work from home 4 days/week and one day/week in the office with your team.
- You want to be accountable to a core work schedule with some flex time and an emphasis on work/life balance.
- You see the importance of staying connected with teammates daily online, as well as through monthly staff meetings and quarterly team-building events.
- You enjoy participating in team projects to innovate processes and systems; you enjoy researching/investigating questions and issues; and you enjoy proposing solutions and improvements.
- You find it especially appealing to become part of a very close group of high-performing, conscientious team members who take pride in their work.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Preparing and transmitting payrolls, including sending reports to clients and completing checklists for all action items performed that pay period
- Entering data for new hires
- Performing payroll summary prep and preview
- Posting payroll journal entries into QuickBooks no later than actual pay date
- Updating PTO liability schedules as required
- Supporting 401(k) administration, including ensuring data and funds are transferred to third party custodians (i.e., Fidelity, Principal) within the legally mandated time requirements and assisting Payroll Manager with annual 401(k) plan 5500 preparation and submission
- Retrieving and saving all quarterly tax reports in respective client folders
- Maintaining client payroll progress updates in the Project Management System (Asana)
- Supporting new client payroll implementations
- Supporting W-2 distribution for all clients
- Other duties as necessary
Interested? If so, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
NOTE: People Operations Staffing is just one of the ways our team at AustinPeopleWorks helps business owners and leaders attain their vision, and we are very selective about the companies we will partner with to fill positions. Let's talk about your job search to see if this position could be the right fit for you.