AustinPeopleWorksAustin, Texas2M ago
Job Type: Full-time (note: this is not a temporary or contract position)
Position Summary: Become part of an outsourced accounting team, where you’ll serve as the point of contact for assigned clients and perform various accounting functions. If you’re a self-starter who enjoys working remotely and independently most of the time yet still want to be part of a high-performing team, this could be the right fit for you!
You’ll really like this company, if…
- You share their 3 main core values: Integrity, Competence (learning, innovation, and problem solving), and Customer Service.
- You appreciate a culture of performance feedback and of promoting from within.
- You desire a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k).
- You like that after 2-3 weeks of training, you’ll work from home 4 days/week and one day/week in the office with your team.
- You want to be accountable to a core work schedule with some flex time and an emphasis on work/life balance.
- You see the importance of staying connected with teammates daily online, as well as through monthly staff meetings and quarterly team-building events.
- You enjoy participating in team projects to innovate processes and systems; you enjoy researching/investigating questions and issues; and you enjoy proposing solutions and improvements.
- You find it especially appealing to become part of a very close group of high-performing, conscientious team members who take pride in their work.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Performing daily bank and credit card transactions, as well as monthly bank and credit card reconciliations
- Processing accounts payable and updating vendor records
- Assisting with 1099 preparation and submission
- Processing travel expenses
- Preparing, reviewing and approving payroll, including posting payroll journal entries, preparing PTO liability schedules, and ensuring third-party payments are processed accurately and on-time (garnishments, benefits, etc.)
- Performing accounts receivable tasks, including preparing clients’ customer invoices and posting/sending approved invoices to clients’ customers
- Preparing financial reports and month-end close in accordance with GAAP
- Preparing and posting labor job cost allocations
- Tracking cash flow
- Other duties as assigned
Interested? If so, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.