City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas13d ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Dispatches service and trouble calls to field service personnel, ensures calls are dispatched correctly and on time, logs customer complaints, prepares work orders, and provides back up support to Customer Service Representatives.
- Fields customer questions, complaints and billing inquiries. Creates services requests, and routes calls to appropriate department.
- Notifies Austin Water executives and other city departments of water outages, main breaks, or out of service fire hydrants or street cuts.
- Operates 2-way radio/pager to provide technical advice and assistance to field personnel in accordance with FCC rules and regulations.
- Compiles, records, and updates service orders for follow-up and verifies customer account and active services using various databases and software applications.
- Interprets Water/Wastewater profiles and blueprints to conduct research on previous work completed.
- Assists Watershed Protection with WERE program.
- Monitors security cameras and notifies APD of suspicious activity.
- May provide technical advice and support to Customer Service, 3-1-1- and the field service personnel
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May lead and train others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of basic radio codes and operations of the dispatch console.
- Knowledge of procedures involved in dispatching customer services.
- Knowledge of streets and highways in Austin/Travis county area.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software.
- Ability to handle conflict and uncertain situations.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to operate communications equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus three (3) years experience in dispatching field service crews, billing, or customer service.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience working in a utility or a similarly-regulated environment
- Three years of customer service experience in a high-volume call center environment
- Two years of two-way radio experience, dispatching field crews
- Experience using geographic information systems (GIS) or other geographic mapping software
- Experience with an automated billing system (e.g. the City of Austin Customer Care and Billing System – CC&B)
- Database or software experience, including data entry and researching customer account information
- Experience creating, routing, tracking, filing, and maintaining generated service requests