Business Process Specialist (Fleet Operations)
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas5d ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Assists in planning, executing and closing projects in a variety of operational and/or administrative situations related to specific assignments/areas.
- Develops and maintains databases to support data analysis and research findings for business projects.
- Assists in preparation of recommendations for implementation of new or revised policies, procedures, and/or process changes/improvements.
- Write reports that summarize findings, data collection techniques, implementation options, etc.
- Establishes project schedules using project planning software/tools, updates and maintains project status reports. Communicate project/process status.
- Conduct research, analyze trends, determine accuracy and relevancy of data/information, and use sounds judgment to evaluate alternatives.
- Facilitates and documents meetings, action items, and processes using flowcharting methodologies.
- Maintains positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, employees and other stakeholders to gain their cooperation and support.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
• Knowledge of business strategies, objectives, planning, development and management processes and process improvement
• Knowledge of research methodologies, cost/benefit analysis, statistics and financial modeling
• Knowledge of applicable City of Austin, state and federal statutes, ordinances and codes
• Knowledge of performance measures, quality improvement programs and project management methods
• Skill in oral and written communication using a variety of formats including: print communication, electronic format, presentations and telephonic
• Skill in using computers and related software applications
• Skill in data analysis and problem solving
• Ability to quickly recognize and analyze irregular data and situations
• Ability to work independently and with teams
Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in a field related to the job, plus one (1) year experience related to the job.
Experience may be substituted for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- Experience planning, organizing, coordinating, maintaining, and implementing fleet services, activities and programs for vehicles, large machinery and equipment, and experience managing fleet pool and fuel programs
- Experience advising, training, and facilitating meetings with customers and participants from various work groups and teams
- Experience performing research, maintaining complex databases, data mining, and conducting quantitative/qualitative analysis for connecting information to fleet solutions, evaluating issues and performance measures to ensure efficient operations and recommending and implementing changes
- Experience compiling information for the formation of budget estimates and forecasts
- Experience with fleet specific software such as Fleet Management/Transportation/Logistics software, and with MicroStrategy or other business intelligence platforms for interactive dashboards, reports and/or query capabilities
- Experience assisting in emergency situations and performing on an emergency logistics team
- Ability to travel to more than one work location