Consumer Services Manager
This role manages the permitting of water and wastewater connections for new construction as well as the oversight of financial records tied to these permits. Successful candidate will have the ability to review site plans and permit inquiries, and consult with contractors, engineers and other department leaders to resolve any permitting concerns. As a leader overseeing over $40 million in permitting costs annually, the job entails understanding of accounting principles.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits, such as medical, paid leave time, a great retirement plan, training opportunities and more – click HERE for more information.
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business, Economics, Accounting or a related field, plus five (5) years’ experience in a utility or governmental/commercial organization consumer/customer environment, of which two (2) years were in supervisory capacity.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of two (2) years.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
Notes to Applicants
If you are selected to interview:
- Your skill level in some of the competency areas for this job will be assessed through an analytical presentation to be given at the end of the interview.
- Experience in a leadership role with responsibility for customer service in a professional, business environment and demonstrated results orientation.
- Knowledge of the COA Land Development Code, particularly relating to water and wastewater utility services.
- Ability to read and interpret maps, plans, and engineered drawings to identify water and sewer services and mains, the size of mains, and fire hydrants.
- Experience performing objective analysis and re-engineering of business processes to maximize quality service and cost-effectiveness.
- Experience developing and presenting technical information to non-technical audiences.
- Proficiency with the following COA systems: AMANDA (Permitting System), CC&B (Billing System), CMMS/INFOR IPS (Work Order System) or similar applications and proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
$36.95 – $47.12 per hour, successful candidates pay rate will be based on relevant experience within the salary range.
Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or other hours as required based on business need
Austin Water Utility
6310 Wilhelmina Delco Dr., Austin, Texas 78752
Criminal Background Investigation
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.