Contract Management Specialist II
City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas3M ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Performs spot buying by placing orders off of existing contracts and by soliciting and awarding informal quotes (per Central Purchasing policy limitations).
- Prepares for bid process by gathering contract requirements from designated departmental liaisons, deciding appropriate commodities or scope of work to include on a contract bid, recommending and preparing effective supplemental terms and conditions, specifications and drafting purchase documents for bid.
- Develops and maintains contract database(s) spreadsheets and/or other contract management software tools. Enters data into the system of record and generates approval documents to support purchases. 4. Establishes budgeted base and resolves variances. Submits and/or coordinates submission of requisitions, evaluates bid files and prepares recommendations for award.
- Develops and manages requirements for contracts or grants for effectiveness by monitoring budgeted amounts to expended amount and/or contract’s dollar balance and time remaining, recommending whether to extend an existing contract or prepare for a new bid process, processing contract modifications and performing contract releasing activities.
- Manages contractor and subcontractor performance for compliance to contract terms and conditions by monitoring contractor performance which includes but not limited to inspecting product to ensure compliance with specifications, preparing and discussing contractor performance evaluations with the contractor and/or departmental liaison, and resolving contractual issues.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information regarding contractor performance, supply chain effectiveness, contract expenditures, purchase history, etc., for reporting to management, team members and customers.
- Monitors supply chain by reviewing status of selected materials, identifying problems and recommending and/or implementing solutions. Coordinating product demonstrations.
- Provides technical and contractual assistance by developing, advertising, coordinating and conducting workshops, training sessions and orientation sessions.
- Conducts and/or coordinates site visits to educate contractors and subcontractors about contract requirements, to conduct interviews with contract workers, to obtain payroll records for audit purposes and/or to inspect products to ensure compliance with contract requirements.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of contract law, contracting practices regulations, policies and techniques.
- Knowledge of contract language, terms, conditions etc.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and Local laws.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to evaluate contractor performance.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other city employees and the public.
- Ability to write specific terms or conditions for contracts.
- Ability to resolve non-complex contractual problems.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities
Responsibilities - Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised:
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in Business Administration, Public Administration or other relevant field, plus two (2) years of related experience.
- Experience may substitute for the education up to the maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Experience working in a utility, municipality or other similarly regulated entity
- Experience with purchasing, contract management and/or contract monitoring
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with internal and external customers and vendors
- Strong organization skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to take initiative
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to make appropriate decisions independently
- Ability to travel to more than one work location