Contract Specialist II
Peak PerformersAustin, TXa month ago
Peak Performers may have an opportunity for you! We are searching for a Contract Specialist II for the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT)
Assist with TXDOT contract management and negotiations, primarily doing administrative work on a wide variety of contracts
- Develops solicitations, contracts, and amendments by identifying provider resources, describing services to be rendered, evaluating information supplied by bidders, and negotiating contract specifications.
- Develops bid evaluation scoring instruments.
- Coordinates and facilitates procurement-related meetings such as kick-off and pre-proposal meetings, post-award conferences, team briefings, and evaluation scorings.
- Coordinates the risk assessment process for contract monitoring and planning.
- Conducts needs assessments to determine requirements for the purchase of goods or services.
- Monitors contract performance by examining billings, fiscal data, and eligibility determinations for compliance with terms of contract and policies and recommends cancellation of contracts when deviations occur.
- Monitors legal and regulatory requirements pertaining to contracting.
- Administers the billing process and eligibility monitoring functions for contract billings.
- Evaluates expenditure data and makes projections to ensure appropriate use of funds.
- Negotiates contracts, contract renewals, and amendments.
- Makes recommendations to change solicitation, contract boilerplate, and other contract-related documents.
- Identifies training needs and conducts training.
- Prepares specifications for requests for bids.
- Provides guidance regarding contract administration, policies, and procedures.
- Resolves audit exceptions by defining causes of errors and recommending appropriate dispositions.
- Assists with developing contract administration policies and procedures.
- Understand and have experience with contract invoicing, both with Federal and State contracts
- experience in contract development, management, or evaluation work.
- Knowledge of contracting and procurement regulations, of negotiating contracts, of developing contracts, of business administration and accounting principles and practices, and of policies and procedures of contract management.
- Skill in the use of a computer and applicable software.
- Ability to evaluate contracts and recommend future status; to interpret policies, procedures, and regulations; to evaluate fiscal data for reasonableness, necessity, and conformity with contract requirements; to write and edit contract requirements and specifications; to negotiate features of a contract; to communicate effectively; and to supervise the work of others.
- Prefer a candidate with a Certified Texas Contract Manager (CTCM) certification
Project term: 12/2020 thru 4/16/2021 likely to be extended
Compensation: $23/hr (W2)
Work Location: Currently remote, office central Austin TX
What's it like to work for Peak Performers?
Qualified applicants with chronic medical conditions and/or disabilities receive job preference.
Our clients can hire you at any time - with no fee! We want you to get hired.
We pay weekly through direct deposit.
We offer ACA compliant health insurance at 60 days.
In business since 1994, our relationships span 24 years and thousands of job placements.
All employment offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws.
Applicants for employment with Peak Performers must possess work authorization that does not require sponsorship for a visa now or in the future.
Peak Performers is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applicants without regard to race, marital status, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Peak Performers does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee-based recruitment services.