Environmental Compliance Specialist
Click here to view additional details or positions at Austin Water, or to apply for this position.
Working with Austin Water provides a number of health and welfare benefits such as low-cost medical, dental, vision, paid leave time, a highly competitive retirement plan, training opportunities, and more. Please click here for more information on benefits.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Environmental Science, Life Science, Natural Science, or related field, plus four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Graduation with a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
- One (1) additional year of experience may substitute for one (1) year of the required education with a maximum substitution of four (4) years.
- Demonstrated experience providing excellent customer service, facilitating resolution of customer issues
- Ability to understand regulatory code language and experience working in regulatory enforcement
- Experience managing code compliance issues, including reviewing documentation to determine compliance with code, rules and regulations
- Experience interpreting and explaining technical data, policies and procedures to a wide audience including citizens, plumbers and contractors
- Experience drafting code enforcement documents, including Reminder Notices, Notice of Violations and assessing fines
- Experience using GIS and database systems to maintain data and track compliance
- Demonstrated problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to become a TCEQ Licensed Irrigation Inspector within one year of employment
$24.10 – $30.72 per hour
Monday-Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM, with some flexibility.
Work hours change seasonally to include overnight shifts for months at a time.
Waller Creek Center, 625 E. 10th St., Austin, 78701
This position has been approved for a Criminal Background Investigation.