City of Austin WaterAustin, Texas4M ago
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
- Develop and implement a variety of programs, projects and activities.
- Coordinate with existing organizations to address community economic or social service needs.
- Conduct needs assessments and meets with community residents, leaders and community groups to identify needs and available resources.
- Collaborate with other organizations to plan and develop programs and activities or improve coordination of existing services.
- Research funding sources, develop short and long range plans, and compile informational reports.
- Serve as City representative before community groups, businesses and/or the media.
- Recruit, train, and supervise volunteers.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of project and/or program budgets
- Assists in the development of short/long range plans
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating policies and Procedures
- Ensures compliance with city and other regulatory agency requirements and policies
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
- May provide leadership, work assignments, evaluation, training, and guidance to others.
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Knowledge of applicable processes, techniques, and methods.
- Knowledge of city practice, policy, and procedures.
- Skill in handling conflict and uncertain situations.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in using computers and related software applications.
- Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
- Skill in conducting presentations on behalf of a public entity.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective communication and working relationships with city employees and the public.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
- Ability to train others.
- Graduation with a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a field related to the job, plus three (3) years of experience in a field related to the job.
- Experience may substitute for education up to a maximum of four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications: None.
- Experience supporting senior and executive staff confidentially and professionally, including editing and developing comprehensive presentations and business correspondence in a variety of formats, coordinating schedules and calendaring
- Strong active listening and communication skills, and the ability to adapt communication styles to meet the needs of internal and external customers and business objectives and convey technical information effectively verbally and in writing
- Strong conflict resolution and problem-solving skills
- Experience coordinating, collaborating, and working effectively and professionally with people at all levels of the organization and with other departments
- Experience with records management. records control schedules, retention periods, and disposal of paper and electronic records
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated experience in planning, organizing, managing and providing effective leadership and guidance to team members
- Intermediate-Advanced proficiency using Microsoft Visio, Word, Excel and Outlook